Saturday, January 14, 2012

Books I am reading in 2012....

 I am in the middle of reading two excellent books.

The first book is Our Father ABRAHAM: Jewish Roots of the Christian Faith by Marvin R. Wilson,  faculty member of Gordon College. The book is about the history of the early Church as well as the relationship between Church and Synagogue into the late 20th century (1989) when this book was written.
This is an excellent, thought provoking book.

The second is Surprised by Christ: My Journey from Judaism to Orthodox Christianity by The Rev. A. James Bernstein.  This book is part spiritual autobiography and part primer on  basic Orthodox Christian theology. While I enjoyed the spiritual autobiography part,  the primer on basic Orthodox theology was not as enjoyable as it was bit took heavy on how the Orthodox Church is the "ONE True Church"- according to A. James Bernstein...... anyway.  Overall though, I enjoyed the book even if it is a bit too "preachy" for me.

Two excellent books that  I hope you will consider adding to your list of books to read in 2012!
Happy reading in 2012 ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment